Right of consent¶
The right of consent is implemented in the following ways:
- Customers must accept your privacy notice before being able to register (when a privacy notice has been set)
- Acceptance of privacy notices is logged
- Customers cannot be automatically added to mailing lists on registration. Please refer to the MailChimp integration in this manual for more information
Setting a privacy notice¶
As a business it’s your responsibility to have a clear data processing plan and convey that to any customer when they start using your services. As OpenStudio can be used and implemented in many different scenarios, we don’t provide standard privacy notices. For examples of good and bad practices when formulating a privacy notice, please have a look at the website of the ico..
A privacy notice is linked to an organisation in OpenStudio. A link to the privacy notice of the Default organisation will be shown on the registration screen for customers.
- Go to Settings - System - Organisations
- Add an organisation if no organisation is added yet or edit the default organisation
- Use the fields Link to privacy notice and Privacy notice version to link to the privacy notice on your website and set the version that is logged when a customer accepts the document.
View logged Acceptance¶
The acceptance of privacy notices is recorded in a customers’ account.
- Go to Customers in the main menu and edit a customer
- Go to the Account tab and select Accepted documents - here will be a list of documents this customer has accepted through OpenStudio.